Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Day I Took on Blackbeard!

Another awesome week, I went climbing 5 times this week, 3 times in the gym and twice outside.

Rough n' Readies
First, I went down to Las Cruces to go climbing with the outdoor Adventure Program, the program that my brother used to work for. We went down to to the Rough n' Readies again and I was able to see a lot of old friends.


Kenny just above the crux of Rough Rider(5.11a) on the Reddi-Wip Wall at the Rough n' Readies. Photo by Jonathan Dunn



Kenny "The Chainsaw" finishing up Halitosis Monkey (5.10c) on the Original Wall at the Rough n' Readies. Photo by Jonathan Dunn



Mike pulling through an Unnamed route (5.8) on the North End Wall at the Rough n' Readies after not climbing in over two years. Photo by Jonathan Dunn



Kenny climbing on Halitosis Monkey (5.10c) on the Original Wall at the Rough n' Readies. Video by Jonathan Dunn

Sorry Matt that I didn't get any pics of you this weekend but you'll notice that they're aren't any of me either.


El Rito

Then today, I went up to El Rito with Lexi and Sean for some more great climbing. This was my first trip to El Rito and I thought that all of the routes were really fun even though it was pretty chilly today.



Sean's a beast. Photo by Jonathan Dunn



Lexi gettin' it done, Unknown Route on Schoolhouse Slab at El Rito. Photo by Jonathan Dunn



Sean on the Tooth Fairy (5.10 b) on the Gnar Wall. Photo by Jonathan Dunn



Jonathan Dunn on the crux of Blackbeard (5.10c/d) at the Pirates Wall in the El Rito Climbing Area. Photo by Alexia Seebeck

We only climbed 4 routes today because of the weather but all the routes were fun and I thought that Blackbeard was one of best routes I've ever climbed.

Sorry I don't have a lot of time to post a better blog but I'm just climbing too much these days; like that's possible.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home